CHELSEA is back in the FA Cup against National League side Chesterfield in the third round of the competition this weekend.
The Blues have lost the previous two back-to-back FA Cup finals, having been beaten 1-0 by Leicester in the Wembley final last year.
JOIN SUN VEGAS: GET A FREE Â£ 10 BONUS WITH 100S OF GAMES TO PLAY AND NO DEPOSIT REQUIRED (General conditions apply)
Chesterfield will be looking to cause the competition’s first big upheaval when he arrives in west London for a monumental task against last season’s Champions League winners.
And Chelsea will seek to qualify for the fourth round of the competition, as is customary on Thomas Tuchel’s side.
What time do Chelsea vs Chesterfield start?
- Chelsea’s FA Cup clash with Chesterfield will begin from 5.30pm UK time on Saturday 8 January.
- The match will take place at Stamford Bridge.
- A full capacity crowd will attend the game.
What TV channel is it showing on and can I stream live?
- Chelsea vs Chesterfield will be broadcast live on the BBC Red Button for UK fans.
- You can stream the action live from the BBC iPlayer, which is available for download to your mobile device or tablet.
Chelsea is deprived of Edouard Mendy for the clash because he is absent from the CAN with Senegal. Thomas Tuchel will therefore have to choose between Kepa Arrizabalaga or third choice Marcus Bettenilli.
Kai Havertz broke his finger in the midweek victory over Tottenham and will play no part in the clash.
Ben Chilwell, Reece James and Trevoh Chalobah are also out of action.
N’Golo Kante and Thiago Silva both have coronavirus.
Young Blues like Lewis Hall and Harvey Vale are likely to start right off the bat.
Chesterfield’s top scorer Kabongo Tshimanga will spearhead the opposing team’s attack.
- Chelsea – 1/33
- Draw – 15/1
- Chesterfield – 45/1
* Rating courtesy of Betfair and correct at the time of posting.